Hi there! I'm Jess, a nonfiction writer, copy editor, and proofreader based in Portland, Oregon. I'm currently at work on a book-length essay about queerness on the page and bisexuality. I'm available for copy editing and proofreading projects, so please get in touch if I can be of assistance.
- Tin House magazine, issue 73 (Fall 2017), issue 74 (Winter 2017)
- The Tunnel at the End of the Light by Jim Shepard (Tin House Books, Fall 2017)
- Ninety-Nine Stories of God by Joy Williams (Tin House Books, Summer 2016)
- Sex from Scratch, second edition by Sarah Mirk (Microcosm Publishing, TBD)
- Longreads (November 2017 to present)
- "This Is How a Woman Is Erased from Her Job" by A.N. Devers (December 2017)
- "No Más Fantasía" by Chris Outcalt (December 2017)
- Bitch Media online (July 2015 to April 2017)
- Bitch magazine, Money issue (#71, Summer 2016), Kids These Days issue (#72, Fall 2016), Chaos issue (#73, Winter 2016), Invisibility issue (#75, Summer 2017)
- Bitch magazine, Chaos issue (#73, Winter 2016), Family Values issue (#74, Spring 2017), Invisibility issue (#75, Summer 2017)
- On that time I was depressed about the election and sexual assault and got cheesy tattoos of The National lyrics for Catapult
- Interview with Elena Passarello, author of Animals Strike Curious Poses, for Tin House's blog, The Open Bar (interview also briefly featured in the NYT Book Review)
- On Alana Massey's All the Lives I Want for Bitch Media
- Interview with Ilyse Hogue, president of NARAL Pro-Choice America for Bitch Media
- On Maria Bamford's Lady Dynamite and mental illness for Bitch Media
- "Laurel Brown '99: Getting to the Good Story," a profile for Colgate Scene, the alumni magazine produced by Colgate University
- "Compassionate Creations," a profile for Leading Edge, the alumni magazine produced by Oregon State University's College of Liberal Arts (PDF)
- Profiles and college news for Honors Link, the web magazine produced by OSU's Honors College, are listed on my Contently portfolio.
- All other articles for Bitch Media and Bitch magazine are listed on my Contently portfolio.
- BookBub: https://media.bookbub.com/blog/author/jesskibler
- I was the lead copywriter for iVET360, a veterinary marketing firm, for about two years. I wrote B2B and B2C content like blog posts, e-newsletters, website copy, advertisements, social media posts, and press releases. Here are some samples:
- Copy for Portland Monthly advertisement (PDF)
- Copy for Fourth of July social post (JPG)
- Press release on millennials in the veterinary workplace
- Blog post on domain scams
- Thought leadership on veterinary hospital operations for AAHA
- Thought leadership on Nextdoor for veterinary hospitals for MWI's Messenger (PDF)
- I have been copywriting and editing for Xenium HR since May 2017. Projects include writing and editing website copy, descriptions for podcasts, blog posts, and other marketing materials, like e-books.
Get in touch! kiblerjess[at]gmail.com